Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday and Spring Break

This past week was my Spring Break, so Stephen and I went down to Naples (my home) to stay with my parents. We did so many lovely things and went to so many little fun places.

I found a cupcake shop in Naples called Gracie's Cupcakes and Ice Cream. Each cupcake was 50 cents more than a cake at Lucy and Leo's, but I must admit it was more tasty. My mom very much enjoyed this venture.



This week was also my 21st birthday. On the day of my birthday, Stephen and I went to Downtown Naples. The downtown area is full of fine dining, cafes, art galleries, and shopping. We didn't buy anything, but we enjoyed the beautiful weather and stopped at Adelhedidi's Organic Sweets. We only stopped in for coffee because we were planning on having lunch somewhere else after, but they had so many delicious looking sweets! Gelato, crepes, scones, muffins, and other pastries!


We also found an ADORABLE little tea room/lunch cafe called Brambles tucked away from the commotion of the main street. Again, we did not eat there because we were planning on lunch somewhere else, but we will definitely be coming back for lunch and tea the next time we are in Naples. 


All week my mother had been telling us about this chocolatier called Norman Love Confections. The Naples location isn't open yet, so we hiked a few exits down to Ft. Myers. I was amazed at how perfectly crafted these chocolates were. They didn't look like chocolate at all... they looked like colorful marbles.



We got raspberry (me), mint chocolate chip (mom), peanut butter (Sam), key lime (Stephen), and NY cheesecake (dad).

On the last day of break I met my roommate Sonja and her mother at Teavana! They had beautifully crafted tea sets and a variety of samples to try.
I left with a few ounces of Black Dragon Pearls tea. It's delicious stuff :) It will surely help me get through this week of school. Next weekend we are packing out bags and headed off to New Orleans. More adventures, crafts, and food to come! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE teavana :) My favorite I've tried is the Samurai Chai Mate

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts! :)