Monday, February 21, 2011

Yummy French Toast

I found this recipe on a blog that I love called Grilled Cheese Social. You should check it out! Each post gives a whole new meaning to grilled cheese. MacKenzie (the blog's creator) posted a recipe on Valentine's Day that really caught my eye and I decided I must try it. So here is my rendition of her "La La Love You" French Toast.

 Ingredients:
• 3 pieces of bread (Mackenzie made hers into hearts, but I couldn't manage it with my bread)
• french toast batter (I used Mackenzie's batter: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla, & 1/4 tsp cinnamon) 
• sliced strawberries
• Nutella
• butter
• Mascarpone cheese
• whipped cream (optional)


1. Dunk each piece of bread in the batter and lightly brown in a frying pan using a small pad of butter with each piece.



2. Let the bread cool a bit, then spread some of your cheese on to one piece of bread.


3. Lay on some of your sweet sliced strawberries.


4. Spread Nutella on to the second slice of bread.


5. Lay it on top of the strawberries and spread more Nutella on the other side of the bread.


6. Lay on more strawberries.


7. Spread more cheese on the third slice of bread.


8. Lay it on top and add whipped cream if you wish!


9. Enjoy! We sure did. Thanks MacKenzie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts! :)