1 1/2 sticks of softened butter
1 c. raisins
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. oatmeal
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
3/4 c. broken walnuts or pecans
[Makes around 70]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the raisins in a dish by adding a few drips of water and putting them in the microwave for a few seconds to soften.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat the raisins in once they are cool.
- Loose the mixer and stir in the cinnamon, flour, and baking soda with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the oatmeal and nuts [this may be hard because the mixture will be thick]
- Put spoonfuls of the mixture on to baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for about 12 minutes.